1 1/2 lbs
skinless boneless chicken breasts
ground coriander leaves
ground whole cumin seed
- Soak skewers in cold water for 1 to 2 hours before grilling.
- Cut meat into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a food processor or blender whirl together shallots, garlic, coconut milk, lemon juice, sugar, coriander, salt, cumin and turmeric to form a smooth paste.
- Combine with meat and marinate, covered in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread onto skewers without crowding, about 4 pieces per skewer.
- Grill or broil until crisp and browned, but still juicy, about 3 to 6 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- (An adopted recipe.)