1 1/4 cups
light brown sugar
canned pumpkin puree
( not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup sour cream or 3/4 cup
eggs, room temp
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8" x 8" baking pan, OR a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a bowl, toss together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and mace.
- In another mixing bowl, mix with a wooden spoon, the pumpkin puree, sour cream OR buttermilk (if using), butter, eggs and honey, until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture JUST until combined.
- Mix in the cranberries.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until edges just begin to colour.
- Cool to room temperature.