2 (8 ounce) cans
Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (or any cheese of choice) or 3/4 cup
( or any cheese of choice)
18% table cream
( or use whipping cream)
( very soft)
( very soft but not melted)
onion, finely chopped
( can use green onions)
cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
( or use about 2 cups, can use cooked turkey)
finely grated cheddar cheese
( or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
ground black pepper
( or to taste)
2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 -4 tablespoons
1 -2 cup
grated cheddar cheese
( for topping)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Butter a casserole dish (any size to hold crescent rolls).
- In a saucepan, mix half and half cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) and undiluted chicken soup (can season with black pepper if desired).
- Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).
- For the filling --- (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder (if using).
- Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined.
- Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream or mayonnaise; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry).
- Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste.
- Unroll the crescent rolls.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
- Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you don't have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.