bacon, cut into 1/8 ths
( more if desired)
green cabbage, cored and sliced
1 (12 ounce) cans
1 -2 tablespoon
( according to taste)
prepared yellow mustard
salt and pepper
( to taste)
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until it is almost crisp.
- Add onion slices and saute until onion is tender.
- Do not drain the bacon grease unless there is too much.
- Add cabbage and stir until cabbage is well coated with the bacon mixture.
- Pour beer into a 2 cup measuring cup Add caraway seeds, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Mixture might get foamy.
- Pour over the cabbage in the skillet and mix well with an egg spatula.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until cabbage is tender (about 30 minutes).