( I always boil a few more eggs, eat the whites then add in the yolks to increase the filling mixture!)
( I like to use half salad dressing and mayonnaise)
( or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream)
dried parsley flakes
( or use 1 large very finely chopped green onion in place of dried chives)
ground mustard powder
dried dill weed
( or to taste)
( or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
( a little more for dusting the eggs)
fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove the yolks, and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mush yolks well with a fork, leaving no small lumps.
- Add next 10 ingredients (adjusting to suit taste) mix well to combine.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture evenly into the whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (if not making the yolk mixture a day ahead it is best to prepare the eggs and refrigerate for about 5 hours before serving this will give the flavors a chance to blend and intensify).