firmly packed light brown sugar
chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 cups
unsifted all-purpose flour
- In medium-size bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat brown sugar, butter & peanut butter until light & fluffy.
- Beat in egg & vanilla until well mixed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually beat in flour, baking powder & salt.
- Gather dough into a ball: form into a 12-inch long log, With fingers, press dough to resemble a loaf of bread by making top round & squaring off bottom.
- Wrap & refrigerate dough several hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Heat oven to 350*f.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- With sharp knife, cut dough crosswise into 1/4- inch thick slices.
- Place slices, 1 inch apart, on greased baking sheet.
- If necessary, reshape cookie slices to resemble a slice of bread.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes ot until just golden brown at edges.
- Cool cookies 2 minutes on baking sheet, than transfer to wire rack & cool completely When cookies are cool, turn half side down on work surface.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon grape jelly on each and top with another cookie, right side up.
- Gently press cookies together to spread jelly evenly.
- Store in airtight container.