2 1/3 cups
white corn syrup
- Stir the first four ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil without stirring to 265 degrees on a candy thermometer or until a little mixture that is dropped in cold water forms a hard, almost brittle ball.
- Remove syrup from heat and slowly pour over stiffly beaten egg whites, while beating with a mixer until mixture loses its gloss and a small amount that is dropped from a spoon holds its shape.
- Fold in nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9"x9"x2" pan or drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to cool.
- Store in tins.