1/2 cup basmati rice or 1/2 cup jasmine rice or 1/2 cup
other sweet asian rice
1 (14 ounce) cans
( you can use the light kind if you want, it just makes it a little less rich)
- Rice: Cook rice according to package directions, but substitute coconut milk for half of the water, and add half the sugar.
- It should be fairly dry when you finish cooking it, without any liquid visible in the pot.
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
- Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- Presentation: Arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl or plate with the mango slices in some kind of pretty formation and dribble a bit of the sauce over the whole thing.