instant potato flakes
dry milk, added to
5 -6 cups
- Mix potato flakes and water to make 2/3 c.
- mashed potato Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in next four ingredients (hot water, shortening, salt and sugar) Set aside to cool.
- Stir yeast into ½ c.lukewarm water.
- When potato mixture is cooled to lukewarm, add yeast mixture.
- Add dry milk/flour mixture to potato mixture and beat well.
- Add 2 cups of flour beat until smooth.
- Add 2 more c. flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Place about 1 c. of flour on your bread board.
- Turn out dough on floured board and knead for 5 minutes.
- Add more flour as needed.
- Oil a bowl and place kneaded dough in it.
- Brush top of dough with a bit more oil.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and halve dough.
- Knead each half on floured board and form into two (three) loaf shapes.
- Grease two 5x9 loaf pans (or 3- 4x9 pans) Place dough in pans.
- Brush tops with oil.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400F Bake for 30-40 minutes.