( I use seasoned salt)
236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml
( lowfat is okay)
frozen spinach, drained and chopped
ground black pepper
( optional or to taste)
grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- If you are adding in the fresh garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper then saute in butter for about 2 minutes but do not brown the garlic.
- Whisk in the flour and 1/2 tsp seasoned salt (or white salt) until creamed together and smooth.
- Stir in the half and half, or milk (if using) a little at a time.
- Increase heat to medium and constantly whisk until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp butter in saucepan over med heat; add the 2 tbsp minced onion, and cook until transparent.
- Add spinach and water to pan, lower the heat, and cover.
- Stirring several times until the spinach is cooked.
- When the spinach is almost done, add the prepared white sauce, sour cream and Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Stir well, and simmer until completely blended.
- Season with more seasoned salt or white salt if desired and black pepper.