1 1/2 cups
1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) cans
( or strong coffee)
lightly sweetened softly whipped cream
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed (use whip attachment if available), beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- With mixer on medium speed, gradually add flour mixture in small increments and beat until smooth.
- Scrape batter into a buttered 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl condensed milk, evaporated milk, regular milk, Kahlua, and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour evenly over hot cake; let cool about 15 minutes, then cover and chill until cake has absorbed all the milk mixture, at least 3 hours, or up to 1 day.
- Cut cake into squares or rectangles, lift out with a wide spatula, and set on plates.
- Top each piece of cake with a spoonful of whipped cream and garnish with strawberries.