apples, cored and sliced thin
pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Put a little water in a baking pan; place the halves face down and bake for 1/2 hour.
- Then, take it out and put the sliced apples in the middle (some will fall over the sides, it's okay); drizzle with canola oil and maple syrup, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes (until the apples are soft and browning).
- Put your acorn squash halves in individual plates; scoop up the stray apples and stray maple syrup and spoon over the squash.