1 3/4 cups
whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups
brown sugar, packed
crushed pineapple, drained
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9X13 pan with spray and dust lightly with flour.
- Tap out the excess flour.
- Whisk the flours with the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg, egg whites, brown sugar and oil with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the carrots and beat for 1 minute.
- Add the buttermilk, pineapple and raisins and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Frost, if desired, when completely cool.
- Store the cake in the pan in the refrigerator.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an elecric mixer set at medium-high speed until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to medium-low and add the milk, a tsp.
- at a time until the frosting is at spreading consistency.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled, uncut cake.