pizza dough, for one pizza
yukon gold potatoes
( or red skinned potatoes)
1/2 cup grated gruyere or 1/2 cup asiago cheese or 1/2 cup
yellow onion, sliced thin
garlic cloves, minced
chopped fresh rosemary
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Make the pizza dough.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F If using a baking stone or tiles, put them in the oven now.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until just before they are done, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, peel, let cool.
- Slice thinly.
- Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with a pinch of salt until soft.
- Shape the pizza dough.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the crust.
- Lay the potato slices over top to cover the crust, then top with the cheese.
- Arrange the onion/garlic mixture over top, and sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoon more of the olive oil, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes, the reduce the temperature to 400°F and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over top and serve immediatly.