4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 4
prepared chicken cutlets
shallot, finely minced
dry red wine
canned whole berry cranberry sauce
salt & pepper
- If using breast halves place them between plastic wrap& pound them until they are apprx1/4" thick Season the cutlets on both sides with salt& Pepper.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet and brown the cutlets on both sides, apprx 4 minutes per side remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan melt remaining tbsp butter add shallots and bay leaves, saute 1 minute.
- Add wine, bring to a boil,reduce to a thick glaze, scrapping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan apprx 4 minutes.
- Add cranberries, broth& vinegar, cook until the sauce thickens slightly apprx 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan& simmer until heated through apprx 2 minutes, remove bay leaves Place chicken on plates and spoon the sauce over.