1 1/2 lbs
button mushrooms, sliced
frozen green peas
cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Brown ground beef with 1/2 chopped onion& 1 clove chopped garlic.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper& worcestershire sauce.
- Spread into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Saute remaining chopped onion, 1 clove chopped garlic in a little butter- add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Layer on top of ground beef.
- Sprinkle frozen peas onto mushrooms.
- Spread on mashed potatoes next.
- Smooth completely to edges to seal like a crust.
- Lightly sprinkle potatoes with ground nutmeg.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to golden and contents are bubbling.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.