2 (20 ounce) packages frozen strawberries or 2 1/2 quarts
fresh strawberries, hulled
cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 (3 ounce) envelopes
liquid fruit pectin
- Using a food processor, grind up the berries until smooth.
- Place in a large stockpot with sugar and pectin and stir to coat.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute (use a timer) stirring the entire time.
- Remove from heat immediately and let cool 5 minutes (use the timer again).
- Skim off any foam that has risen to the top.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4" space at the top of each jar.
- Put on caps and process 15 minutes in a hot water canning bath.
- Remove from canning bath with sterile canning tongs and let cool upside down overnight, making sure each jar has properly sealed.