eggs, lightly beaten
shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
( 16 ounces)
small curd cottage cheese
plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
( I don't bother to seed and it is fine.)
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chilies, drained
green onions, sliced
hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons
salsa, for topping
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, 3-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, chillies, onions, hot pepper sauce, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve with salsa if desired.