1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
margarine, cut up
3 1/2 cups
bread machine yeast
egg, lightly beaten
- Add all but last 2 ingredients to machine in order reccommended by the manufacturer and select dough cycle.
- When complete, transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead (if necessary) until easy to handle.
- Shape into rolls as desired (I keep dividing into halves until I have sixteen pieces and then I divide each into 3 pieces for cloverleaf rolls and put in a muffin tin).
- Cover and let rise until doubled; 20-30 minutes.
- Combine egg and sugar, brush on top.
- Bake at 375F for 12-14 minutes or until done.