venison loin, silverskin removed
1 1/2 tablespoons
lemon pepper seasoning
white onions, sliced into thin rings
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme or 2 1/2 cups beef stock or 2 1/2 cups
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 tablespoons
- Blend the lemon pepper with 1 cup flour.
- Heat the liquids, jellies, tomato paste and spices.
- Slice tenderloin into 3/4" slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound until surface area is doubled.
- Press each slice into seasoned flour and pan fry'till brown on each side.
- Layer into 3 qt casserole dish as they are browned ,with the raw onion and remaining 1 tbs unseasoned flour.
- Pour warm stock and other ingredients over the dish.
- Cover and bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 1 hour (40 minutes covered, last 20 min. uncovered).