purchased angel food cake
1 (8 ounce) packages
1 (8 ounce) containers
1 (3 ounce) packages
strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
1 cup water or 1 cup
strawberry juice, divided
- Tear angel food cake into chunks and layer in bottom of 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over chunks of angel food cake to form 2nd layer.
- In a small saucepan, combine Jello, sugar and 1/2 cup water or strawberry juice.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water; stir into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in strawberries to coat all slices; cool.
- Spread on top of cream layer.
- Chill until served.