fresh broccoli florets, chopped
blue cheese, crumbled
( for a milder blue cheese flavor reduce to 1/4 cup)
1 cup milk or 1 cup
fresh ground black pepper
( optional and to taste)
1 1/2 cups
Ritz cracker crumbs
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a medium casserole dish.
- Steam broccoli florets until firm-tender (about 2-3 minutes) drain well then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter over med-low heat; add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, blue cheese and milk; stir over low heat until melted and smooth, then add/stir in broccoli.
- Mix 6 tbsp melted butter with the cracker crumbs until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup cracker mixture into the broccoli mixture.
- Season with black pepper if desired.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cover with foil or a lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle the top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.