1 1/2 cups
mashed ripe bananas
( about 3 bananas)
2 eggs or 1/2 cup
1/3 cup sour cream or 1/3 cup
plain low-fat yogurt
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Swirl batters together using a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.