unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch-thick
( about 2 large or 3 medium-small potatoes)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine butter, cream, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes fall apart when poked with fork.
- This will take between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Take off heat and mash sweet potatoes in saucepan with potato masher.
- You can also put potatoes into kitchen aid mixer and mix.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.