light cream cheese, softened
finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
( or Mexican blend)
finely sliced scallions
( home made or your favorite in a jar)
chopped fresh cilantro
flavored 10-inch flour tortillas
( tomato/basil, jalapeno/cilantro, or spinach are some kinds I can find in stores here)
lavash bread, works well also
1 (10 ounce) packages
baby spinach leaves
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, scallion, salsa, cilantro and cumin and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over the two flour tortillas- be sure to reach to the ends.
- Place a single layer of the baby spinach leaves evenly over the crem cheese mixture.
- Roll the tortillas tightly.
- This step is important and will give the"pinwheel" look to your appetizers.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap, and chill for at least an hour, or up to 8 hours.
- After rolls are chilled, unwrap and cut each one in half.
- Begin from the smooth half, and cut roll into 1 inch circles.
- You should get 4 to 5 circles from each tortilla half depending on how well you tortilla"ends" hold together.
- Arrange your pinwheels cut side up on your serving platter.
- Cover and chill for up to one hour before serving.