1 1/2 tablespoons
( regular or robust, not blackstrap)
minced serrano chili pepper, with seeds
minced peeled fresh ginger
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a 1- 1 1/2 qt heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a brisk boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Reduce to about 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Use as any Basting Barbeque sauce.
- Great with pork or chicken.
- NOTE: I was informed that a "Brisk Simmer" for the time alotted did not obtain the results quoted so I changed it to a "Brisk Boil" as suggested. Thank you for the review.