1 (15 1/2 ounce) cans
red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 1 (15 ounce) cans
pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
garlic cloves, minced
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen whole kernel corn
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chili peppers
2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon or 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 6
beaten egg white
- In a slow cooker or crock pot combine beans, water, tomatoes, corn, carrot, onion, undrained chili peppers, bouillon, chili powder and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
- Can be put in at night and let cook overnight or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white, milk, and oil.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork just until combined.
- Turn crock pot to high and drop the dumpling mixture from a rounded teaspoon to make about 8 dumplings on the soup.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.