granny smith apples, sliced with the pampered chief apple peeler corer slicer then cut in half so you have thin slice
( I just love cardamon but you can skip or cut it down to 1/4 teaspoon)
fresh nutmeg, ground
- Put cardamon in a coffee grinder (Used for spices not coffee. Grind till fine add rest of the sugar and spices give a couple of whirls to mix into a fine powder).
- Lay parchment paper on 2 cookie sheet pans.
- In a storage bag add spices and apples toss gently to coat, shaking excess spices off place on parchment in a single layer. You can sprinkle a little extra sugar on the slices this is optional.
- Dry in a 250 degree oven 1 to 3 hours depending on how juicy the apples are. Turning after 1 hour.
- They come out crisp,sweet and tart.
- Store in an air tight container if for some reason there is any left over.