apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- In a heavy, ovenproof 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples slices and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or just until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, place 1/2 cup of the sugar, all of the flour, milk, eggs, vanilla, 1/4 tsp.
- of the cinnamon and salt.
- Beat with a rotary beater or wire whisk just until blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Pour the batter over the apple slices and bake in a 425 degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until the batter sets.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Run a thin spatula around the edges of the skillet and with two spatulas, gently turn over the pancake.
- (Alternatively, cover the skillet with a large plate and invert; slide the pancake back into the skillet.) Sprinkle the top with the reserved sugar and cinnamon mixture and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until puffy and golden brown and a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a warm plate and cut into wedges to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream, creme fraiche, sour cream or maple syrup.