1 1/2 cups
( for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups)
1 1/2 cups
brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup dark corn syrup or 1/2 cup light corn syrup or 1/2 cup
reduced-fat peanut butter
( or can use regular peanut butter)
( or can use either 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 cup seeds or 1/2 cup coconut)
mini chocolate chip
( to prevent melting refrigerate or freeze the chocolate chips before mixing in)
- lightly grease 11 x 7-inch, can use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but you will have a thinner bar.
- In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins.
- In a saucepan stir the corn syrup or honey and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips (if using) work fast the mixture hardens quickly.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft, for easier slicing take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- Chill until firm.