parsley, finely chopped
shallots, minced well
garlic cloves, minced well, to taste
( I prefer extra garlic)
canned French snails
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, and brandy in a bowl and blend well.
- Place a snail in each shell and fill the cavity with the seasoned butter. (If you do not have shells, you can use escargot baking dishes - this is actually how I prefer to make them. Most of such dishes hold 6 escargot apiece.).
- Place on a baking pan and bake for twelve minutes.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer, on individual snail dishes - or on small folded napkins on plates, to keep the shells from sliding about. Also, small silver forks to easily eat them with are a good idea.
- Make sure to have plenty of good bread alongside, to mop up the delicious butter sauce! :).
- Also good with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top of each.