( Whole or Fillets)
salt & pepper
- Rinse the trout under cold running water (or in the beautiful mountain lake/stream you caught them in).
- Pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I take a zip lock baggie in my pack with salt/pepper/garlic powder mixed together).
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat.
- Coat the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess.
- When the butter is melted, place the coated trout, flesh side down, in the skillet.
- Fry 4-5 minutes, then turn and fry 4-5 minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky. (Trout may be seasoned with garlic or onion powder before frying if desired, I also take a lemon with me to squeeze over the top).