sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut up into large chunks
packed brown sugar
1 cup apricot nectar or 1 cup
- Set oven to 350 degree.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes in prepared dish, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in apricot nectar (or preserves) water and orange peel; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook, and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and pecans.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.