( for me it is 1/2 of a 17.3 oz package)
1 (21 ounce) cans
apple pie filling
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix egg and water and set aside.
- Roll pastry into 16x12-inch (approx) rectangle.
- Starting at the short side, spoon filling over half the pastry to within 1 inch of edges.
- Starting with the short side, roll up pastry like a jelly roll.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet, tucking in ends to seal.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2 inch slits, 2-3 inches apart, on the top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Serve warm.