semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, 1 oz squares
1 cup butter or 1 cup
semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
creme de menthe, green
walnuts, finely chopped
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; spread Creme de Menthe Frosting (see below) over top.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over frosting or pipe in desired design using metal tip No.3 or 4.
- Cut into bars immediately.
- Remove from pan, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Yield 4 dozen.
- Creme de Menthe Frosting:
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a mixing bowl; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.