white onion, very finely chopped
serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and very finely chopped
Tomato, cored and very finely chopped
garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
fresh cilantro, chopped
( preferable Haas)
lime, juice of
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the finely chopped onion, tomato, chiles, garlic and cilantro.
- Close to the time you are going to serve, halve the avocados lengthwise by cutting from the stem to flower ends, around the pits.
- Twist the avocado halves in opposite directions to loosen the meat from the pits, then scoop out the pits.
- Scrape the avocado pulp from the skins and add it to the bowl.
- Using your hand, a fork or a spoon, roughly mash the avocado while mixing in the other ingredients, making a coarse, thick mass.
- Flavor with salt, then enough lime juice to add a little zing.