boneless chicken breast halves
grated parmesan cheese
pine nuts, finely chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
pesto sauce, oil drained if needed
- Pound chicken breasts to an even 1/4 inch thickness and set aside.
- Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus.
- Place in boiling water and cover for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse with cold water; then pat dry.
- Cut asparagus 3 inch lengths.
- Cut cheese into sticks 1/2 inch high x 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long.
- Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan and pine nuts in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs with a fork.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place a stick of colby and an asparagus spear next to one long edge of each breast.
- Roll breast around ingredients tucking in ends to form a neat package.
- Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Dip each package in egg and then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Make a double coating by dipping again into egg then crumbs.
- Place packages in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the chicken is baking combine pesto and cream in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce 2 minutes until lightly thickened.
- Serve pesto cream sauce over stuffed chicken breasts.