1 teaspoon olive oil (approx) or 1 teaspoon
2 tablespoons water (approx) or 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the head of garlic of all the papery skin with the exception of the very last layer.
- Garlic should still hold together in its original shape, but individual cloves should be visible.
- Rub head and inside of oven proof dish (a ramekin, custard dish will work) with butter or olive oil.
- Put water/stock in bottom of dish.
- Cover dish with foil and place in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes are up, uncover the dish and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic and dish from oven and allow to cool.
- After cooled, remove cloves and squeeze the roasted garlic from the cloves into a dish or container.
- The roasted garlic should be a light yellowy-brown and very soft and sticky.
- Store in the refrigerator and use in place of garlic for a milder and delicious flavor.