3/4 cup chopped green peppers or 3/4 cup
sweet red pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons freah snipped basil or 1/2 teaspoon
dried basil, crushed
ground red pepper
fresh basil leaves or
- In a small saucepan cook onion and green or sweet red pepper in margarine till very tender.
- Stir in basil and ground red pepper, if desired.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- In a blender container combine cooked vegetable mixture, tomato juice, and buttermilk.
- Cover and blend till smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and heat through.
- Or, chill thoroughly.
- Garnish each serving with fresh basil leaves or lime slices, if desired.