nutmeg, for baking the pumpkin
cinnamon, for baking the pumpkin
1 1/2 tablespoons
scallions, finely sliced
garlic cloves, minced
emmenthaler cheese, grated
gruyere cheese, grated
1 cup sherry wine or 1 cup
dry white wine
cornstarch, mixed to a smoothpaste with some water
- Cut a slice off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out seed.
- Use to make Spicy Roasted Butternut (the butternut seeds can be replaced with the pumpkin) Seeds Spicy Roasted Butternut Seeds / Pumpkin Seeds or your favorite recipe.
- Brush the inside of the pumpkin with melted butter season with nutmeg and cinnamon place on cookie sheet with tops on and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan saute scallions and garlic for 2 minutes add wine or sherry, and cornstarch paste heat and then add the cheeses to the simmering wine, stir in a zig zag rather than circular motion to help break up the cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Heat gently stirring till melted and combined. If to thick can add some water or chicken broth to thin.
- Pour into the baked hot pumpkin sprinkle with paprika and serve with apple, pears, celery, peppers, cubes of crusty bread cooked shrimp, cooked chicken, and or cooked potato skins .
- Instead of making the paste you can also dust the cheese cubes with the cornstarch then add to the warmed wine.