granny smith apples
fresh lemon juice
spicy brown mustard
3 tablespoons bottled horseradish, drained or 3 tablespoons
grated fresh horseradish, to taste
- Cut cheese into matchsticks and put in a large bowl.
- Peel celery root and apples and cut into matchsticks.
- Add celery root, apples, and lemon juice to cheese, tossing gently.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining ingredients and add to slaw, tossing gently.
- Slaw may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Add additional horseradish to taste before serving if necessary.