sweet potatoes, peeled,in 1 in. chunks
2 -3 large
tart apples, peeled,cored,cut in 1 in. chunks
- Melt butter in an oven safe casserole.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Add the apples and potatoes.
- Stir well to thoroughly coat with the caramel mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cover, stir again, and bake for 10 more minutes, or until caramel is thickened and the potatoes are tender.