1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken or 1/2 cup
celery, finely chopped
cooked vermicelli rice noodles, finely chopped
green apple, peeled and finely chopped, tossed in a little lemon juice
finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup
of good mayonnaise
rice paper sheets
- Place ham, chicken, celery, noodles, apple, onion, nuts and currants in a bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream then add to ham mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip rice paper into hot water to soften, then carefully spread out on a damp tea towel.
- Place heaped tablespoon of Waldorf mixture on edge of wrapper, fold sides in and roll it once.
- Place a mint leaf along wrapper then finish rolling to enclose the leaf.
- Place on a tray and cover with a damp cloth while making remaining rolls.