onion, finely chopped
( canola or olive)
1 1/2 cups
mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
( 4 ounces)
cream cheese, softened
parmesan cheese, grated,divided
dried Italian seasoning
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
manicotti, cooked and drained acording to package directions
1 (26 ounce) jars
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, just 1/2 cup of the mozarella, all of the cream cheese, just 4 Tbsp of the Parmesan,the Italian seasoning, and the pepper until smooth.
- Add the onion mixture to the cheese mixture, along with the spinach (along with a dash to taste of both freshly grated nutmeg and some cinnamon).
- Fill the cooked manicotti noodles either with a spoon or by piping the mixture (using a decorating bag or a ziptop bag with one end snipped off).
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13" casserole.
- Place filled manicotti in the pan on top of the sauce, then pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover an bake at 350 F 25 minutes.
- Remove the cover, sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake another 5-10 minutes more to melt cheese.