whole wheat lasagna noodles
( about 8 oz)
garlic cloves, minced
mushroom, thinly sliced
green pepper, deseeded and diced
fresh ground black pepper
fresh spinach, chopped
fat-free ricotta cheese
part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook onion and garlic for several minutes stirring constantly.
- Add turkey and cook (crumbling the meat fine) until barely done about 4 minutes (if using precooked rinsed meat you don't need to cook for 4 minutes, just go to the next step).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, tomato, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove frying pan from heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray until al dente.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and chives, mix in spinach.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread evenly with one third of the ricotta mixture, then one third of the turkey mixture, and sprinkle with one third of mozzarella.
- Repeat twice with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting.