1 kg kingfish or 1 kg
butterfish, cleaned and cut into small pieces
Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
green chilies, slit into two
- Grind together all the ingredients listed under"masala" in a mixer/grinder/blender, using a little water, and make a paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion in it till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the ground masala paste and curry leaves.
- Fry on medium flame for another 3-5 minutes until the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add green chillies, tamarind juice, salt and a cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add fish pieces.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.