onion, finely chopped
red chile, finely chopped
( I leave half the seeds in but you can remove them all if you prefer)
2 -3 cloves
garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 lbs
celeriac, peeled,trimmed and cut into cubes
fresh coriander, chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, chilli and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes over a medium high heat.
- Stir in the cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the celeriac, along with the chicken broth and water.
- Bring up to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or just until the celeriac is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and use a handblender or food processor to puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in most of the chopped coriander and milk.
- Adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle over a few coriander leaves and serve immediately.