( about 6 large)
chopped maraschino cherry
1 (8 ounce) cans
powdered fruit pectin
- Remove rinds from orange and lemon in quarters; discard about half the white part of rinds.
- (scrape off with a spoon) Slice rinds thinly.
- Chop orange and lemon, and discard seeds.
- Peel, core and grind pears.
- Combine all the fruits, including cherries and pineapple and its juice.
- Measure 4 1/2 cups of fruit into a large pan.
- Stir pectin into fruit.
- Place over high heat, stirring until mixture comes to a hard boil.
- At once stir in sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim.
- Stir and skim for 5 minutes to cool slightly, and prevent floating fruit.
- Ladle quickly into jars.