fresh minced garlic
( for vegetarian use olive oil)
chicken bouillon granules
( can use more to taste)
1 1/2 cups
( can use evaporated milk)
mashed cooked acorn squash
salt and pepper
bacon, cooked and crumbled
( can use more)
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion with garlic (if using) and celery in butter.
- Stir in flour, bouillon powder, dill, curry and cayenne until blended.
- Gradually add broth and cream, bring to a light boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, then season with salt and lots black pepper; cook, stirring until heated through.
- In a blender carefully process the soup in batches until smooth.
- Pour into bowls; garnish with bacon and croutons.