1 -2 cup
- set saucepan on stove on medium-low setting.
- put butter in pan.
- once butter is melted, turn setting up to medium.
- butter will crackle and bubble and foam and make a lovely smell for about 20 minutes.
- once foam begins to clear and smell becomes more"roasted", promptly take pan off stove.
- filter butter through a tea or coffee filter to remove impurities (little white bits-- foam may be removed as well, either way is okay).
- transfer ghee to jar, store at room temperature (up to one month) or in fridge (up to one year).